The Gift of Computers
An Investment in the Success of the Youth’s Futures
- Allow on-line college courses – Soon young woman can stay at Echo Glen until 25 years old. Computers would allow them, and all other eligible youth a head start towards a college degree. Continuing ed will set these youth up for greater success when they are released and has been shown to reduce recidivism.
- To allow residents to complete resumes, on-line job applications, look for housing, and other services needed for their success ‘on the outs’.
- Allow current volunteers to start up 5 different vo-tech classes: computer programming, coding, computer repair, graphic design, and Photoshop workshops.
- 12 computers with at least 8 GB of RAM and USB 3.0 with windows 10, monitor, mouse, keyboard
- A printer
- Wireless access point & cable modem
- A digital projector
- External SSD
- A variety of books about programming in C# since students won’t have access to the computers outside of classes
And of course, more volunteers who can share their computer skills with more youth! If you can help or can connect us to those can, please email