An Investment in the Success of the Youth’s Futures
- Allow on-line college courses – Soon young woman can stay at Echo Glen until 25 years old. Computers would allow them, and all other eligible youth a head start towards a college degree. Continuing ed will set these youth up for greater success when they are released and has been shown to reduce recidivism.
- To allow residents to complete resumes, on-line job applications, look for housing, and other services needed for their success ‘on the outs’.
- Allow volunteers to start up vo-tech classes such as: computer programming, coding, computer repair, graphic design, and Photoshop workshops.
Needed: Volunteers to teach the youth valuable computer skills that will help them launch into successful future careers.
Wish List: GRANTED! Awed, overwhelmed and infinitely grateful to Joe who is going to purchase, set-up, and run a lab for the youth. Thank you Joe. You’re generosity will transform the current resident’s lives and future generations to come!
- 12 computers with at least 8 GB of RAM and USB 3.0 with windows 10, monitor, mouse, keyboard
- A printer
- Wireless access point & cable modem
- A digital projector
- External SSD
- A variety of books about programming in C# since students won’t have access to the computers outside of classes