Great for families, small groups, or individuals of all ages
No age minimum since no interaction with youth at Echo Glen
- DELIVER GIFTS AND CARDS – Distribute locally the gifts and cards that the youth make for others-in-need at our Community Service Socials every January, April, July, October and December.
- DESSERT AND ENCOURAGEMENT – Write a note of encouragement and wrap up 2 or 3 store-bought cookies, brownies or other finger desserts. We share these with all the youth after each Community Service Social
Help Departing Youth Transition Back into Society
Backpacks & School Supplies –Many youth do not have the support of a family or their family cannot afford the necessary supplies when returning to their home schools. This adds to their anxiety & insecurities. While shopping for back-to-school for your kids, please consider supporting a youth leaving Echo Glen. More details here.
Hygiene Kits – Travel size deodorant, toothpaste, hair brush, hair pick, body wash, travel bag, shampoo/conditioner; also tampons & pads.
Collect for Youth’s Activities and Birthdays
- ARTS & CRAFTS SUPPLIES – Between our art projects during and after school, sewing classes, and our Community Service Socials, we can put just about anything you have to good use.
- BOOKS for book clubs, resident’s cottage (living quarters) & library resource room. Reading levels requested – about 6th grade to young adult.
- BIRTHDAY BAGS – Many youth haven’t ever been honored on their special day. Encourage a youth by helping them celebrate. Details here
- CLOTHING for the Donation Station – Youth without parental support often arrive without appropriate clothing. Learn about the needs here.
- GAMES – Youth will get to practice good sportsmanship, social and communication skills. All will be appreciated except physical contact games such as Twister.
- PUZZLES – for the puzzle club. Youth work together to complete puzzles then their ‘teamwork masterpieces’ are glued down and displayed all over campus.
- SCHOOL WISH LISTS – Purchase items that help teachers & staff to support the youth:
- BIRTHDAY CAKE & CARDS – Provide a cake and card once a month or once a year for a child who would not otherwise receive one.
- FUND RAISE – have your group raise funds to support the events and programs that support the youth.
Donated items can be dropped off to Echo Glen administration anytime. Please label “Room 8”