Great for families, small groups or individuals of all ages
Here are ways you can support the kids without interacting with them – no age minimum:
- DELIVER GIFTS AND CARDS – Distribute locally the gifts and cards that the youth make for others-in-need every January, April, July, October and December.
- DESSERT AND ENCOURAGEMENT – Write a note of encouragement and wrap up a couple store-bought cookies, brownies or other finger dessert. We share these with all the youth after each Community Service Social
- DONATE ARTS & CRAFTS SUPPLIES – Between our art projects during and after school, sewing classes and our Community Service Socials, we can put just about anything you have to good use.
- COLLECT PUZZLES – for the puzzle club. Youth work together to complete puzzles then their ‘teamwork masterpieces’ are glued down and displayed all over campus. Email for delivery or pick-up if your group or family would like to do a collection.
- BIRTHDAY CAKE & CARDS – Provide a cake and card once a month or once a year for a child who would not otherwise receive one.
- FUND RAISE – have your group raise funds to support the events and programs
- WISH LISTS – Purchase items that help staff in supporting the youth:
- ANGEL CLOSET – Items for youth that arrive without basic clothing. Needed year round, boy’s tennis shoes in sizes 8 and larger, tennis shoes in all sizes for girls. During the colder months, desperate need for warm coats in women’s and men’s small, medium and large, plus hats and mittens (if possible avoiding red and blue gang colors).
For more information, to donate or volunteer, please email email@example.com