“You saw me as someone who is capable of great things. And I believed it”
Help the youth re-write the script of their lives
Every January, June and October
Our goal is to inspire the youth to imagine and define what their ideal crime-free future looks like. Then, help them create a step-by-step action plan to attain that ideal future. Upon release, they will know what their next-right-step is to continuing their education and/or getting a job. Join us in encouraging the youth to define and stay on the path that leads to becoming successful young adults who contribute to society rather than staying on the path that led them to incarceration. We focus on careers that require 2 years or less continuing education or apprenticeship.
Due to covid precautions, panels will be a bit different: Presenters will go into one or two classrooms and talk to the whole class rather then the youth choosing 2 of the 3 panels and going to the presenters.
Here’s how you can help: Do you know a compassionate person who can represent
- The Airline Industry – baggage handlers, flight attendents, customer service reps & other entry level positions
- Cosmetology – including barbering
- Government & public administration
- Health industry – such as physical & occupational therapists, dental assistants, vet techs, medical diagnostic techs
- Hospitality & tourism – hotels, cruise ships, event planning…
- Transportation, distribution & logistics
The students benefit from knowing what you like, don’t like about your job, how to get your foot in the door, education/training they should be working towards, and of course, salary/wage range.