Volunteer chaplains are assigned to one cottage and go there weekly to provide a “non-anxious listening presence.” The minimum commitment is 9 months. Of course, holidays/vacations can be flexible! Regulations require chaplains commit to being available to counsel all youth without judgment or proselytizing or conversion.
Chaplain volunteers assist with a variety of needs, including:
- Religious support for individuals who are fearful, depressed, or worried (or sometimes annoyed)
- Non-judgmental listening and crisis intervention
- Help in finding a sense of hope, meaning, or purpose
- Connection to clergy from an individual’s specific faith background
- Religious materials and resources
Our goal is that each cottage will have 1 trained chaplain volunteer assigned to it.
Email for more details