Echo is very short-handed (as are most places since covid), pay is less than many other government agencies, and lower than nearly all for-profit businesses. Supporting some of our most at-risk and traumatized kids from all over the state can be rewarding but it is also very emotionally draining. Clearly, they stay because they genuinely care for the youth and want to make a difference in their lives.
Let’s rally as a community and make sure they know that we think they are heroes, and we know that what they do REALLY matters. They are transforming the lives of the current residents, their future families, our communities, and beyond!
Here’s how you can demonstrate that you value what they do:
- Encouraging cards or letters
- Letting them know that you appreciate them investing their hearts & lives into the youth at echo
- Leave off any contact info. Volunteers will open & discard envelopes with return addresses
- Second-Shift Care Packages for staff who need to stay longer than planned (happens most often during grave or swing shifts). Suggestions:
- Non-perishable meals, coffee pods, snacks…
- Comfy socks or other comfort items
- Here’s the Amazon link to ideas for the care packages
Send cards & gifts to: (Echo Glen cannot receive these items directly)
Friends of Echo Glen
704 228th Ave NE; #204
Sammamish, WA 98074
Friends of Echo Glen is a DBA under Smile Power’s 501(c)(3) tax id 91-2010740. Your donation is 100% deductible.
Questions? EMAIL US
Thank you for your encouragement!