If you were an incarcerated youth, what could be more inspiring than knowing that in spite of all the bad choices you have made, there are people in the community who still have faith in you, are cheering you on, and that Jesus loves you?
That’s what we want to tell the kids at Echo Glen this Valentine’s Day – WE CARE and Jesus Loves them! We give 10+ hand-made Valentine’s cards/letters to each of the 85 boys and girls. These can be made by small groups, youth groups, or compassionate individuals. The cards can include:
- Personal notes of encouragement
- Fun jokes and riddles
- Uplifting quotes and scriptures such as: Jesus Loves you; You are beautiful in God’s eyes; All should be encouraging and inspirational, rather than convicting – most of these kids have very low self-esteem.
- Leave room for the youth’s name on each card. We’ll add in later to make it even more personal.
- Add your 1st name only (no contact info). Can also add your church’s name.
- Optional: small candies (no nuts & nothing on sticks like tootsie pops)
To participate, please EMAIL to let us know how many handmade cards your group would like to make. So Valentines can be compiled and first names added, all cards are needed by Feb 10th, 2023.
Hope you can help share God’s love for these kids through Valentines!
…My word goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11