Have a favorite sport?
Help the rec department coach and referee a team sport such as softball, flag football, basketball, volleyball, disc golf or suggest another game/activity that you are passionate about.
The Life Skill benefits of playing team sports for kids are huge
- cooperation and teamwork skills
- leadership skills
- appreciation of different abilities
- respect for team mates/ opponents/officials
- a sense of belonging/team membership
- social interaction skills
- friendship and camaraderie
- physical strength training