- CARDS – Community groups & individuals make encouraging cards telling them how much we value what they do.
- Need cards by Nov 14th. EMAIL to drop off directly to Echo Glen or Sammamish, whichever is easiest for you.
- Or mail a card or 2 directly to Friends of Echo Glen; 704 228th Ave NE #204, Sammamish, WA 98074
- NECK PILLOWS – Sew rice-filled microwavable pillows to help staff relax. These will go with their appreciation gift bags and be used during the Spa Event
- Size, shape or material are completely up to you. Several DIY sites recommend around 5+” x 15-18″. And using brushed canvas, cotton ticking, or fleece is always cozy. No synthetic fibers – they can melt in the microwave.
- Various styled neck pillows will reflect the varied creativity of the community.
- Need pillows by Nov 14th. EMAIL to drop off directly to Echo Glen or Sammamish, whichever is easiest for you.
- Alternate times & locations can be arranged if the community events don’t work for you.
Directions for a simple neck pillow like the one in the photo:
- Cut one rectangle about 6″ x 36″ out of fleece or other soft 100% cotton material (nothing with synthetic fibers that will melt in the microwave)
- Fold in half with right side together
- Sew together 2 2/3 sides leaving about a 2″ opening
- Fill with rice about 2/3 full so it is comfortable to drape around the neck. (a funnel or funnel made of paper makes it less messy)
- Optional – add a scented oil or herbs to rice
- Attach a tag like this Downloadable PDF and write ‘made with love by…’ on the back.
EMAIL with any questions.