We are a non-profit organization and depend on your generous donations to help our youth succeed both while at Echo Glen and once they transition back to their communities.
Many youth do not have the support of a family or their families struggle with food insecurity, housing insecurity, or job insecurity when they return to their homes and schools. This adds to their anxiety & low self esteem. Please consider helping a youth leaving Echo Glen with a few items that may help them with their educational or job training plans.
Ways to help:
More children to come soon!
My name is Daniel, I’m 16 years old and I am excited to go back to my home and start high school like a regular kid. Some of the things I’m stressed out about are not having enough food at home and not having clothes for school. I don’t want to use my old gang color clothes anymore and want to graduate from high school so that I can go to college and study business. I’m looking for jobs right now, which is hard because of COVID, but I may be able to help my mom by working in the fields this summer before I start school. It’s hard work but it keeps me busy and out of trouble. Thank you for your help.
Wish List: –> Choose “Dan B. Friends of Echo Glen’s Gift Registry Address” under Other Addresses.
- Grocery Store Gift Cards – To help with food at home
- Light Long Sleep Shirts- For working in the fields
- Polo Shirts- For school and future job (not in the fields)
- Pants- For school and future job (not in the fields)
- Workout Clothes- Working out helps me stay busy and feel better
- Socks and Underwear- Because
- Sweatshirt – Stay warm
- Rain Jacket – Stay dry
My name is Sally and I was one of two girls that graduated high school from Echo Glen in 2019. I am also only one of those two that is transitioning into the community at this time. I have been accepted to Perry Technical Institute in Yakima taking a Manufacturing year long course. Needless to say I am doing big things, but I need some help. I hope to be able to complete this course and practice this trade once I transition out of my group home.
Wish List: –> ALL wishes fulfilled – thanks to this generous community!
- Steel Toed Boots Size 7.5 (women) – To prevent injury
- Dark colored hoodies Size XL – Warehouses temperature is low
- Heavy cotton Long sleeve Shirts Size XL – Helps Protect arms
- Tough Duck 2137 work jacket size XL – Working with metal
- Cargo Pants Size XL or 48×34 Men – Helps protect lower body
Backpacks & School Supplies – New or very gently-used back packs help student’s self-esteem when returning to school
- 6 Pencils
- 3 Black Writing Pens
- 2 Red Color Writing Pens
- 2 Black Marble Composition Books, College Rule 100 sheets
- Notebook Filler Paper, College Rule 120 sheets
- 2 Large Pink Bevel Erasers
- a 3-Ring View Binder w/ 2 Pockets (1.5″ size)
- 2 Single Subject Spiral Notebooks, College Rule
- Crayola Colored Pencils, 12/box
- Spiral Notebook with Graph Paper, 100 sheets
- 3 Plastic 2-Pocket Folders
- 2 Yellow Fluorescent Highlighters
- a Binder Divider with Pockets, 5 Tabs
- 3″ X 5″ Ruled White Index Card, 100/pack
- a Bright Color 3-Ring Pencil Pouch w/ Mesh Window
Hygiene Kits –Many residents will not have access to these basic items when they leave Echo Glen:
Travel size deodorant, toothpaste, hair brush, hair pick, body wash, travel bag, shampoo/conditioner; also tampons & pads.
Please label donations “Room 8”. Can be dropped off at Echo Glen office anytime.